HID cards, or High-Intensity Discharge cards, are not a common term in the context of identification or access control cards. It’s possible that you are referring to HID Proximity Cards or HID Access Cards. HID Global is a well-known company that manufactures a variety of access control and identification products, including cards. Here are some common types of HID cards:
- HID Proximity Cards (Prox Cards): These cards use radio frequency identification (RFID) technology to allow access to secured areas. They are often used in office buildings, hotels, and other access-controlled environments. Proximity cards don’t require direct contact with a reader, making them convenient for users.
- HID iCLASS Cards: iCLASS cards are smart cards that support contactless access control. They offer enhanced security features and are compatible with a wide range of access control systems. They can store additional data and are often used in high-security environments.
- HID Smart Cards: HID manufactures various smart cards that incorporate contact or contactless technology. These cards can store more information and perform additional functions beyond basic access control, such as time and attendance tracking, cashless payments, and more.
- HID Magnetic Stripe Cards: These cards have a magnetic stripe on the back and are commonly used for access control and membership cards. They are swiped through a card reader to grant access or perform other functions.
- HID ProxKey and Keyfobs: These are small, keychain-sized devices that use proximity technology to provide access. They are convenient for users who prefer not to carry traditional access cards.
- HID Proximity Stickers: These are adhesive-backed proximity tags that can be attached to existing cards or objects, such as mobile phones, to provide access.
- HID Multi-Technology Cards: These cards are designed to work with multiple access control technologies, making them versatile and compatible with a wide range of systems. They often combine RFID, magnetic stripe, and smart card technologies.
- HID Photo ID Cards: These cards not only grant access but also include a photo of the cardholder for visual verification. They are commonly used in environments where identity verification is crucial.
- HID Secure Identity Services (SIS) Cards: HID offers a range of services to enhance card security, including card personalization, encoding, and printing.
Please note that the specific types of HID cards and their features may evolve over time, so it’s essential to check HID Global’s latest product offerings and specifications for the most up-to-date information.